Why should you care about EMF’s? Who could live without Wifi? Why should you restrict your mobile phone use? What are the real dangers that are not talked about in the mainstream media? These are questions you would do well to ask, if you value your health and the fertility of your children and grandchildren. Listen to Episode 74 of “Living outside the matrix” to find out more about this crucial topic that should rightly be at the top of your list of modern health concerns.
What are EMF’s?
Electromagnetic Fields (EMF) consist of 3 types of fields that have been shown to be harmful to the human body. electric fields, magnetic fields and radio frequencies. There is also an additional concern that needs to be understood in dirty electricity. Dirty electricity is when mains power is modulated with other high frequencies. This means that the carrier wave of your 50 Hz (or 60 Hz depending on where you live) has other high frequencies distorting the sine wave. These frequencies are emitted from your mains wiring and contribute to the EMF’s in your home or work environment.
It is no easy feet to understand the complexities of EMF’s and this is probably one of the main reasons why no one talks about it. However, the health impacts are very significant and must be known about in order to avoid the danger. We discuss the topic in Episode 74 of the Podcast, and I recommend listening to it to gain a better understanding of EMF and wireless health hazards and issues involved.
Sources of EMF’s
There are many sources of electromagnetic fields (EMF) in the home and office environment. Here are just a few in a rough order of intensity and power of the relevant fields they emit. They do not all emit the same kinds of fields. Some emit more than one kind.
- Microwave ovens
- Electrical Induction Hobs (cooker hotplates that glow red instantly and economically)
- Mobile Phones and cell phone towers and masts
- DECT cordless phones
- Wifi and Bluetooth devices
- SMART meters and SMART white goods such as fridges and washing machines, etc. (The smart option is not to get one.)
- Baby monitors
- X-boxes and Gaming controllers
- CFL (Compact Fluorescent Lights) and energy-saving light bulbs
- Un-screened wiring looms
- Even electric tooth brushes and shaving devices emit electrical and magnetic fields, surprisingly including ones running on battery power.
What are the Dangers of Cellphones and Wireless or On-the-Go Technology?
Cell phones are probably the most widely used source of ‘pulsed microwave radiation’. They emit harmful Radio Frequencies. The bottom line is that they cause thermal and non-thermal effects that damage both your DNA and your mitochondria within each body cell. The thermal effects are negligible and these are the ones upon which all the safety standards are based. The real health damage caused by wireless technology is from non-thermal effects. I have covered the mechanism of how Voltage-Gated Calcium Channels (VGCC’s) are activated by EMF’s already in a previous post but in the podcast, I explain it again. It is this mechanism that causes upward of 7 million times the damage of the thermal effects. This makes all the safety standards off by a factor of 7,000,000!
There are a growing number of people who are EMF sensitive, and the condition they have is described as Electrical Hypersensitivity or EHS for short. These individuals are like the canary in the coal mine warning of the presence of explosive gases before they can be smelled by humans. Their extra sensitivity gives us advanced warning of cell phone, Wifi, Bluetooth and broader wireless technology health effects the rest of us can anticipate.
Symptoms of EMFs include but are not limited to;
- Anxiety and depression
- Coagulation of the blood leading to strokes and heart attacks
- Severe headaches and tinnitus
- Inability to sleep, or exhausting upon waking
- Disruption of the communication of the gut microbiome
- Frequent infection and illness
These are just the tip of the iceberg! The real damage is to the Mitochondria and DNA in each cell, and this leads to a list of diseases and chronic health problems that is almost too long to list. Check out this list at emfnews.org
The Coverup of the Dangers of Cellphones
One of the reasons you don’t hear about this on the 6 O’clock news is that the telecommunications industry is very good at creating a smoke screen. For every one study that shows there are detrimental health effects, the industry will fund and create dozens more with the remit of coming to a contradictory conclusion. This is a well-known tactic of the pharmaceutical industry that has been used for years. the telecoms industry is arguably even better at it!
What can we do to protect ourselves?
The first thing to do is get a meter to detect these fields that you cannot see, smell, hear or touch. As soon as you can measure them they become real. There are some great meters on the market, but it does take a little research to find out what you need. The problem is that you need at least 2 meters to get accurate readings. One to measure RF frequencies and another to measure electrical and magnetic fields. I will go into this in more detail in a future post.
I have two meters made by EMFields. One is called the Acoustimeter and the other the PF5. The first one is very similar to the Acousticom 2 pictured here that sells for around $150. The PF5 is a similar price.
- Minimise Mobile phone use, text more, use airplane mode and keep it switched off. Even the manufacturers recommend not putting the phone next to your head!
- Do not use Cordless landlines using DECT technology. Use a landline.
- Minimise tablet use or wire them up like using Ethernet cables on computers; for iOS, here’s a Lightning-RJ45 adaptor that’s easy-to-use
- Get rid of your baby monitors and buy wired versions.
- Avoid buying SMART goods and resist having a SMART meter fitted in your home.
- Use wired gaming controllers etc.
- Avoid using laptops on your lap
- Switch off power to sleeping areas at night or consider an electrical isolation switch.
- Wire your home to eliminate wifi
- Move – i.e. work from home more, move house, avoid locations where EMF is high (many public places and city centres), etc.
- Seek professional help from a building biologist. If you live in the UK fill out the contact form on this website and Mark and I can come and help you for a fee.
- Beware of Ineffective remediation products – There is no silver bullet!
- Get a landline or retain your existing one.
- Don’t expose your children to EMF with phone and iPad use
- Join in the conversation and spread the word.
- Supplement with Magnesium (Threonate) It’s a calcium channel blocker.
The mechanism of VGCC’s and the resulting DNA damage can be mitigated by doing the exercise below created by Dr Zach Bush. It releases the Nitric oxide that builds up inside the cells and therefore prevents damage inside the cells. This is highly recommended along with supplementing with Magnesium. However, it cannot be overstated that avoidance of eMF’s is your number ONE strategy.
Check out these websites for more information.
- TED Talk Video on YouTube: Jeromy Johnson, Wireless wake-up call
There is so much to say about this topic, far more than I can fit here in one post. However, there will be more and more information released here in the coming months. It cannot be overstated how important this topic is for rational people who are willing to think for themselves and be the architect of their own successful future.
Please, join in the conversation and leave a comment below. Or fill out the contact form here to get more information or to book a survey of your home if you live in the UK.
Meanwhile, Live the life you love.
Nigel Howitt, Treehouse Farm